In this course you go through step by step setting up a social media monitoring dashboard. These dashboards can be used for:
- Create a Social Media Monitoring Panel to Bring Searches, Newspapers, Blogs, Facebook and Twitter into One Panel
- Understanding your community and what they are interested in
- Found Media: find and share interesting content so you don't have to create articles and videos from scratch every day!
- Identify Crisis Communications issues in social media and monitor for trolls on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
What you will learn:
- Social Media Monitoring of Traditional News Media Websites
- Monitor the top 100 bloggers for your industry
- Monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media Platform News
- Monitoring Government News Impacting Your Community Promotions
- Add Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter Apps to the Dashboard
- Advanced: Add RSS Button to Chrome for Social Media Monitoring
- Advanced: Add RSS Button to Safari for Social Media Monitoring
Social Media Manager 1: Monitoring Dashboards is the first step to professional social media management. While I use a particular dashboard, to setup and show examples and theory, you can transfer that knowledge to any social media monitoring dashboard your company or client uses. I am VERY happy to add additional videos. JUST ASK!!
I've managed the strategy, campaigns and Facebook Pages and forums and blogs of TV shows such as JUNIOR MASTERCHEF, IDOL and BIG BROTHER. I specifically adapted these quick courses to bring social media managers like you up to speed efficiently and cost effectively. Look out for my other courses!
SHORT COURSE: This is a mini-course that is part of a much larger Social Media Campaign course - you will find some videos duplicated from the Campaign course on my corporate account. Some students just want a quick and easy course on one aspect of campaigns - that is the purpose of this course. So if you are just looking for monitoring tools and strategies as part of social media campaigns, this is the course for you!
Join the 11,000 students that study with me online, the 10,000 social media professionals I have trained offline in the last decade and work on your social media and online community management skills!
Forbes Magazine named me in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally,named head of media, social media by Marketing Magazine and in the Power150 AdAge Media bloggers. I strive to show the theory/strategy with practical tactical tools in online community building.
I am a CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) and I also have taught a Masters of Convergent Media.
Professionally, I have managed Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. and have consulted on private online communities for banks, not for profits & governments in SE Asia. I have taught social media for businesses at University of Sydney for 10 years and I have 11,000 online students. My clients range from UNHCR and TV shows to small businesses and Women Matter (Saudi Arabia Women of Islam community).
I have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention.
PreviewIntroducing Social Media Monitoring Dashboards (1:39)
StartSocial Media Monitoring of Traditional News Media Websites (9:10)
StartMonitoring Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media Platform News (5:39)
StartMonitoring Government News Impacting Your Community Promotions (5:20)
StartAdd Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter Apps to the Dashboard (4:53)
PreviewFETCHRSS: Adding Facebook Business Page RSS feeds& YouTube RSS to monitoring dashboards (4:24)
StartDISCUSSION FORUM: Please ask questions HERE